How much do you really love Halloween? The eerie majestically cool autumn air, the ghosts, ghouls, black and orange and black and oh did I mention black?
Oh yes, there is finally a chance for those who love the obscurities within and about darkness to celebrate under the blood moon of October.
Of course there is always the fun mini Green Lanterns, Supermans, as well as sexy cops and bananas running around. But for a lot of people, they celebrate the shadows and all that lies within it!
It is said that on October 31st, the veil between the physical world as we know it and the spiritual world is to be at this thinnest. A night when pagan witches are known to try to contact loved ones who have passed and to scry to learn more of what their future holds.
No matter what your reason may be for loving Halloween, there is a loving chill in the air that most can appreciate. So embrace your dark side and kiss your lover under the Halloween sky.
Décor ideas are endless, even Martha Stewart goes all out on this holiday. You can easily turn your wedding into a dark and even more twisted realm than Alice in Wonderland.
Halloween Wedding Ideas:
- Bonfires/Fire festivals
- Face painting for the kids (and adults too! Ask an artist friend if they would be up for it and set up a little booth or table.)
- Decoration center with party hats, glasses and wigs. (Notice how normal it will all start out, but a few drinks and photos later half of your family have acquired 80’s rocker wigs, mullets and your sister is running around in something that only Lady Gaga would be caught wearing!)
- Bobbing for apples
- Hay rides
- Get your wedding photos taken in a pumpkin patch
- Do trick or treating at the wedding for kids
- Leave it open for your guests to get festive and dress up if they’d like
Halloween Wedding Themes:
- Wizard of oz
- The Night Before Christmas
- Witches as bridesmaids
- Dracula/Vampire as best man(men)
- Sleepy Hollow
- Hocus Pocus
After all the fun is done, continue celebrating the darkness as you leave your wedding in a pitch-black limo from Nationwide Car and watch the trick-or-treaters on the way home.
Any more Halloween Wedding ideas? What did I miss? Fill us in and leave a comment, if you had a Halloween Wedding, what is something you couldn’t do without or what theme would you use?